Email & More: A Q&A with Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing, Sharna Sommerville of Movable Ink, Annette Evans of GPS, and Lisa Jones of Eyemail.
Season 1, Episode 3
Join us for this ground-breaking panel on The Forgotten Women – Being Black in Email, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Sharna Sommerville of Movable Ink, Annette Evans of GPS, and Lisa Jones of Eyemail.
Topics discussed include:
● Whether Black women should continue to work for change and growth within companies, or should they go the entrepreneur route to avoid limitations placed on them?
● The ongoing effort in always having to defend your competency as a professional, as it’s always being questioned
● The need for Black women to being included within the C-Suits, and not just as being a Director of Diversity
● Being given less empathy for situations than others within the office
● The ongoing challenge of whether to speak up for yourself and risk your job or position, or stay silent and safe
● The enforced job-hopping in order to get the position and pay you deserve as internal routes often do not allow for growth and progress through the ranks.
● The inability to be authentic and true to themselves, and the need to be more ‘Caucasian’