MailUp Acquired 70% of Acumbamail

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

MailUp recently announced the acquisition of 70% of Acumbamail, with the option to acquire the remaining 30% of the company 3 years after signing the agreement. Acumbamail is the email marketing company in Spain. Founded in 2012, the startup has experienced sales growth of over 200% (2014 on 2013) and EBITDA of approximately 30% (2014).

After the acquisition, Acumbamail founders Rafael Cabanillas Carrillo e Ignacio Arriaga Sanchez will keep their roles as managing directowhile Giandomenico Sica, MailUp Partner, will join the company as BD chairman. The acquisition is of strategic nature and does not have a relevant financial impact.

Ignasicio Arriaga, Acumbamail co­founder, said: “We are very proud of the goals achieved so far: with a great team of only four we are managing more than 650 paying clients. We are happy to contribute our clients, technology and product to the MailUp portfolio and to share our know­how about the Spanish email marketing market. I think this is a great opportunity to expand Acumbamail’s business together with MailUp”.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get Notified About Our Latest Posts - Updates every Monday

No Spam, Your Email will NOT be Shared

More To Explore


SparkPost now ISO 27001 Certified

SparkPost announces it has been granted ISO 27001 certification for its corporate systems and cloud products. SparkPost has long been trusted by some of the

Mergers and Acquisitions

Redbrick Acquires Delivra

Redbrick announces the acquisition of Delivra, a provider of advanced email marketing automation. The announcement marks Redbrick’s second major acquisition in the past two years, with Delivra

Do You Want To Collaborate?

drop us a line and we will be in touch