The Radicati Group released “Email Statistics Report, 2015-2019” In depth study from the Radicati Group provides key data and statistics on business and consumer adoption of Email and Mobile Email. The study includes data on the number of business and consumer users and accounts broken out by region for North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific and Rest of World (RoW). It also provides user demographics, installed base of on-premises vs. cloud-based email accounts, breakouts by business size, vertical industry, email and IM traffic volumes, daily email and IM sent and received, email storage data, and spam and malware attacks.
According to the study, the number of worldwide email users, including both business and consumer users, will grow from over 2.6 billion in 2015 to over 2.9 billion in 2019. The number of emails sent and received per day total over 205 billion in 2015. Email continues to see strong use in the business world, as well as among consumers. Consumer email volumes continue to grow mainly due to its use for notifications (e.g. for online sales), rather than simply as an interpersonal communication tool.
- Email – Accounts, Users, Breakouts by Region, 2015-2019
- Business Email – Accounts, Users, Breakouts by Region, Business Size, 2015-2019
- Consumer Email – Accounts, Users, Breakouts by Region, 2015-2019
- Email Daily Traffic for Business and Consumer Use
- Time Spent Daily on Email vs. Instant Messaging and Social Networking
- Spam and Malware – Volumes Received
- Mobile Email – Consumer and Business Users, 2015-2019
To order copy of the study, or for additional information, please visit Radicati website.